Well, that has not happened. I am on the brink of turning 30, I am still in school, I live in an apartment, I am single and do not have any children. Am I freaking out? Maybe a bit internally, but I do not show that to anyone because it is not worth it to show how I really feel. Some may say it's silly, some may say I'm being unrealistic, or that everything will be alright. So that is why I decided not to share.....just share through blogging. I see some of my friends married or having children, and I think sometimes, why can't I have that? Why can't that be me? I get the pressure from family about finding a boyfriend and settling down. It is not like I can go get a boyfriend like I'm shopping for a pair of shoes.
I have accomplished many things in my life thus far. I have traveled to a few states that I always wanted to see, by myself, and there are more on my list. I have sky dived and had it filmed. I survived some crazy rare disease. I've dated a few different men in my lifetime, hoping that one of them will stick around one of these days. I know that I have become a good person with a good heart.
I have had many friends in my lifetime. Those who matter have stuck around and remain as my friend. Others have fallen through the cracks of life. They are never forgotten but life has guided us down different paths. Some friends I have lost and I know that they are looking down on me smiling.
I have my dreams to become an Event Planner, and once I graduate I plan on pursuing that dream. However when I was younger I hoped to be rich and famous.
I can say that I am content with my life right now. Of course I wish things were different and I want to change some things for the better. I am only turning 30, I am still young and I can do whatever I desire. I just have to go do it! I am still going to be the wild and crazy Sarah. Watch out world.
People always want what they can't have. But then all you have to do is reach for it! Many also say that "30" is the new "20". It's great to know that you're still and ticking and wanting more out of life! Leave your mark and people will remember!
ReplyDelete