Monday, November 1, 2010

How did I fall for you?

I don't know what came over me, or how you persuaded me, but I don't know how I fell for you.  You hid all your secrets from me in the beginning.  You only told me what I wanted to hear.  The way you treated me was all a facade.  You never meant it.
Once I fell for you, you knew it without me even telling you.   When I had gotten sick, you could have walked away, and I would have been ok with that.  But instead you remained by my side, took care of me and made me fall for you even more.
I got out of the hospital and you wanted to see me and to hang out with me. Why?  To get your kicks?  You did all of those things that couples do when they are dating, but you just called me your friend.  What?  You called me every night before I went to sleep, you call me on your lunch break just to say hello.  When i got home was when everything changed.  You had gone out on a date with another girl. But this girl was different.  She changed you, with in one date you were exclusive to each other. (wow, I wish I had that kind of persuasion power to do that).  However you couldn't tell me.  I already knew what was going on before you ever told me. It's called a "Woman's Intuition".  It took you over a week to even tell me.
I was devastated.  I felt as if my world was crashing.  I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep.  I didn't want to do anything. I just wanted you.
Within a month, you called me again.  We started hanging out again. I knew I should have ignored you.  But I followed my silly heart.  My heart didn't listen to my head.
We began hanging out, and doing the thing couples do, again.  I wanted more, you didn't,  There came a time when I got angry with you and I hung up on you.  (I have never done that to someone before), that was when I knew, this was over.  Whatever this was....it was over.
I explained to you how i felt and what I wanted.  I told you all or nothing....you opted for nothing.  Yes, I was sad.  But my heart is strong.  I would get over you quickly enough.
You did call me....a month later.  You had a question, and I answered it.  Then you proceeded to talk to me about some new girl that you are in love with.  (no surprise
I look back on all the things I know about you, and I wonder how/why I fell for you.  You offered me nothing.  Maybe a warm body to snuggle with, or someone  I felt comfortable "sleeping" with.  But other that anything physical....you offered me nothing.   So why did I like you so much?  That is a GREAT question.

You don't have a job, you live with your uncle and don't pay rent,  you don't plan on getting a job anytime soon, you are lazy,  you didn't want the same things that I wanted, or if you did, you didn't want them with me.  You lied to me, yes they were white lies, but lies regardless, you CONTINUED to date other girls and talk about them with me, and  you didn't want to take me anywhere or do anything with me anymore.  I will / have found much better than you.  Yes, you may be a great guy, personality wise....but you cannot offer much more.  So how did I fall for you?

I need a man with motivation, drive, determination, pride, and strength.  You offered none of that.  You have no motivation...sometimes to even to get out of bed, you have no drive to get your own place, you have no determination to get a job, you don't take pride in yourself in having and establishing all of these things, and you don't have the strength to fight through all the battles.
I wish you strength, I wish you motivation, I wish you determination, I wish you happiness in what you do.   You will never be with me again.  Yes, we had an amazing physical connection and wonderful kisses.  But like you told me once before, you cannot base a relationship on a kiss.

Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment